- Creating deep and shallow cracks.
- Horizontal or vertical stripes of your choice.
- Color visualizing on point color, it will save some time and will give better of the noise before applying it to the volume.
- Curvature generator, I consider it the most important part since it will give that rocky feel and amplify details. I should note here that this method was obtained from the odforce forum.
- Materials and render settings prepared (Redshift).
As you can see in the video messing around with noise pattern and initial rock shape will give you endless variety of rock formations. I will keep updating the tool as soon as I find a better way to optimize it or if I figured a new way to create patterns.
Displacement generation will take sometime (1-2 minutes) depending on your machine, the good part is that it's multi threaded. In the video it's already cooked so you cant notice the delay.