3D Generalist / VFX Artist / TD
Alaa Al Nahlawi
Twisting Reality is my passion.
My name is Alaa Al Nahlawi ( علاء النحلاوي ) aka Alan, I am a VFX/CG Artist from Syria with more than ten years of experience which spread over multiple graphic design fields, and I love what I do.
I came from a 3d generalist background and I advance in:
- Game design which I consider to be as a military service, it teach you discipline where you have to optimise your 3d model and textures wisely while maintaining it's beauty.
- Architecture visualisation.
- TV series and channel identity design.
- Motion graphics and animated logos.
- TD where I started learning Maxscript and built my own tools and pipelines.
- VFX my passion, here I mastered:
Particles, fluids, dynamics, cloth effects.
Digital pyrotechnics (fire, smoke, explosions,…).
Digital demolition (bombs, tornadoes, earthquakes,…).
Through this site I will be glad to share with you my knowledge and offer my design and teaching services.
3ds Max / Maxscript
(Nuke, After Effect, Premiere):
Particles (Cebas TP, Particle Flow, Krakatoa):
- I'm a self-tought CG artist with more than ten years of experience.
- Attended two of Allan's Mckay classes:
-TDT technical director transformation.
-FXTD visual effects technical director transformation.
- I have a degree in Business administration.
- Master degree in Marketing.
- I never stop learning, everyday I sould learn sth new and keep in touch with the latest advancements in technology. you can join me on my FB page.
- I have a PADI diving license if this counts lol.
Awards & Testimonials:
- My wrok was featured in Houdini Customer Reel 2018 (1:58) Link.
- Behance Appreciation Award (Istanbul on 15-11-2015) Event Coverage.
- Cebas Thinking Particles Testimonial Link.
- 537 Bulans Project Honorable Mention Link.
- Thinkbox interview for using their Product (Krakatoa) in StarTrek Beyond Link.
- Got featured on FXGuide exclusive interview with Chris Bond from Thinkbox Link.
Well you might have already figured that out looking at what I create it's (INTP-A) based on www.16personalities.com
- Video games (above all that's for sure).
- Jungle Trekking.
- And did I mention Turkish coffee, preparing it is one of my hobbies.