Well it's not official yet but it seems the test version is out there, Here are some of the Autodesk 3ds Max 2017 changes are:
- Viewport navigation: Orbit point of interest / Orbit subobject- Viewport zoom is now infinite
- Local Aligned coordinate system for subobjects. Verts and edges have local coordinate systems.
- mirror tool now has geometry mode
- adds geometry modifier- UV editor; flatten by material id
- UV editor; flatten by smoothing groups
- A lot of new tools in curve editor + buffer curves
- Offset controllers
- Camera sequencer
- Physical material
- Slate material editor can now pick mats from legacy editor sample slots via RMB
- New render added
- ART. Seems like it's the same raytracing engine used in 360, but with animation ability.
- Mental ray is now installed separately (as a sub-component).- Scene converter
- converts scenes to ART renderer.
Here are some screen shot of Autodesk 3ds Max 2017.