I tried creating this effect a couple of years ago but "Pop fluid" wasn't added to Houdini yet also the fluid sourcing back then was different, so I recreated it making sure it's up to date.
- Two elements (Main water stream / mist).
- Meshed using "Particlefluidsurface".
- Scale by age with randomness.
- Has some nice quality that allows some close up shots.
- Render/shaders used Redshift.
Download... #waterjet #houdinifx #sidefx #simulation #particles #py
Doing colored smoke used to be a bit of a hassle in Houdini but as of version 17 it became easier and here I'm showing it with a density cheat so each color will have a different density, it's nice to see how colors mix. This is done only on single voxel depth so it's relatively fast to sim, and it also can be used for paint color mixing effect, just push up the resolution and play around with the emitters (pos, shape, densities) and you will be amazed by the outcome. Downloa